3.27.2016

The Night I Lost My Mind

Tick... Tock...

Tick... Tock...


The hands are moving fast.


Tick... Tock...


Tick... Tock... 


The thoughts have all but passed.


The nights are growing colder, and the carpets getting warm;

Yet here I still lay, poisoned by your gentle touch. 
How could a lamb hurt the wolf? 

But we both know, don't we? 

That isn't quite how the story goes. 

It was never your laugh that I strode for, but the absence of it. 

I needed you to hurt, 
I needed to be the one.

I needed to be the one that saved you.
I needed the feeling, of being remembered,

of meaning something. 

So I broke your bridges, 

and I dropped the dome over your decaying city.
I stole your food, and poisoned your water. 
I made you need me,

I made you.

I made you. 


I made you cry yourself to sleep,

I made you draw lines upon your skin, 
because when I wasn't there to hold hand, 
you did nothing but fall to your destructive mind. 

How could you possibly stand on your own?

When all I did was break your bones. 
I made you this way,
I did,

And In a way,


I liked it.




Yet here I stand now, 

A wolf weak as ever, 

cowering before the lamb that once stood between my jaws.

Ironic, is it not?



I just wish I could say sorry.

8 comments:

  1. wow, this was really enthralling, a bit twisted, but in a good way. Beautifully written, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a very good writer. love the honesty you're feeling and vulnerability. keep it uppp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read this like five times. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the most honest post I've read, I admire that.
    I freakin love you dude

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. just. wow. so sad and amazing and just... beautiful. the way the story flows inside the poem is gorgeous and wow, just keep writing please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for doing a little reading of my work (: I need to post more.. I'll make sure to give you some comments ~

      Delete
  7. This is amazing.... I can relate so much to this

    ReplyDelete